NXNE (June 16 – 22) – HUB + URBAN TAKEOVERS
It’s almost here!
First year in the making, Hermann & Audrey is proud to present #NXNEart2014. We’ve invited world-class, forward-thinking, artists from Toronto, Montreal, New York, and Detroit to together unveil a yet-to-be imagined future for a downtown Toronto that pulses with art, connection, and interactivity. We thought it was time to embark on an expo; a show of force and platform for the creative capital that works and thrives in our northeast region.
1. NXNE Art Lounge – located on King St. W, conveniently enough by our festival hub at the Hyatt Regency
- Alex Josephson of Partisans Projects and Norm Li Architectural Graphics + Illustrations will create an imagined streetscape of a future Toronto, presented in a 3D visual installation. Join us at the Art Lounge to glimpse and help envision the city’s evolution.
- Jamie Webster of Common Good, in partnership with Future Talk, will present an infinity-mirrored art work.
- David Spriggs offers a 15-foot circular examination of space.
- Homegrown artist Juliana Neufeld creates a custom 10-foot vinyl illustration of future Toronto.
2. NXNE Urban Takeover: infiltrating the streets of Toronto. A transformation of the pedestrian experience with a dries of mural and projection-based urban interventions. Revitalizing lost space, bringing life back to Graffiti Alley, and bringing forward human engagement rooted in art. Local and international artists take over public spaces throughout the city with their vision for public realm.
- Montreal art collective En Masse will transform a Toronto alley into a large-scale art piece that features their collaborative black and white drawings.
- Alex Senna, a special guest artist from Brazil, will paint three walls along Queen Street West with his touching street art.
- Dawn of Man will bring guerrilla projections to Toronto via their roaming projection Space Monkey.
Also: NXNE Interactive will host a talk by Sakchin Bessette, co-founder and creative director of Moment Factory. NXNE Music will include unique art experiences within selected band showcases.
Art Badge Perks: entry to the industry opening reception and first ever look at NXNE Art Lounge; special access to NXNE Interactive to see the session featuring Sakchin Bessette, co-founder and creative director of Moment Factory; front-of-the-line access to all NXNE Art events, including the art parties.
We’ll see you there!